See Full List
List of Supported PlatformsiPad
Mac on Lion
Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary: Old and New Testament Bundle
Brimming with lavish, full-color photos and graphics, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary bundle walks you verse by verse through all the books of the Bible. Passage-by-passage commentary brings to life the world of the Old Testament with archaeological findings, historical explanations, geographic insights, and more. Deepen your understanding of the teachings of Jesus and discover the close, sometimes startling interplay between God’s kingdom and the practical affairs of the church in the New Testament volumes.
Old Testament Features include:
- Over 2000 photographs, drawings, maps, diagrams and charts provide a visual feast that breathes fresh life into the text.
- Passage-by-passage commentary presents archaeological findings, historical explanations, geographic insights, notes on manners and customs, and more.
- Analysis into the literature of the ancient Near East will open your eyes to new depths of understanding both familiar and unfamiliar passages.
New Testament Features include:
- How the springs at Hierapolis help us understand why Jesus described the church at Laodicea as “lukewarm”.
- The background and circumstances of certificates of divorce in Judaism.
- How Jewish dietary laws provided a powerful metaphor for God’s acceptance of the Gentiles.
With this nine-volume bundle of both the Old and New Testament Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, you’ll gain a deepened awareness of the Bible’s relevance for your life.