Careers at Olive Tree
Olive Tree is an amazing place to work. If your passion is to help people study the Bible, that is what we do here every day! We are currently looking for a Web Developer to support our website, sync infrastructure, and other web services, and a Digital Content Formatter to help us release more great titles. If you are interested in one of these great opportunities to come work with us, check out the positions listed below, follow the link, and apply!
Digital Content Formatter
Why Spokane is Awesome!
The web developer manages, optimizes and scales our existing systems to accommodate future growth of a global ecommerce site.
- Support existing PHP and Ruby on Rails infrastructure and MVC framework
- Create and maintain multiple ecommerce sites associated with a common dataset
- Build and implement optimized ecommerce feature sets and reporting frameworks
- Design and support mobile web services (XML, JSON)
- Analyze, optimize and design database and dataset structure
Work Experience: 2-5 years designing, developing and maintaining medium- to large-scale ecommerce sites, along with experience working in a pre-existing large codebase and database infrastructure.
Education: BSCS preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
Industry Knowledge: Strong working knowledge of general eCommerce technology; familiarity with digital rights management (DRM) systems; knowledge of digital book publishing; knowledge of app-store technologies and their interactions with web services.
- Object-oriented, MVC-based PHP (CodeIgnitor experience preferred)
- Ruby on Rails
- Version control (Git preferred)
- Focused and precise, with the ability to concentrate for long periods of time on a single task
- Desire to exceed minimum standards to create great a great web experience, exploiting functionality available to improve and scale ecommerce engines and provide the best experience possible to customers
- Self-starter who needs minimal direction
- Ability to prioritize competing demands in a dynamic, resource-constrained environment
- Logic-based mindset that can cut through needless complexity to simplify and organize functionality
- Strong communicator who can concisely articulate the status of a project by providing accurate timelines for accomplishing project goals and outlining constraints to success in moving a project forward
How to Apply:
To apply for our Web Development position, Click Here! We look forward to hearing from you!
Digital Content Formatter
The content formatter assists in the conversion of various publisher-provided formats of text for use with the Olive Tree app.
- Add markup to ePub files to enhance display and functionality of titles within the Olive Tree applications
- Perform quality assurance testing on Olive Tree ePubs
- Maintain formatting bug list, and provide first-level bug fixing for Olive Tree ePubs
- Input metadata and file deliveries from publishing partners into Olive Tree systems
- Assist with conversion process from publisher formats to Olive Tree ePub
Knowledge/Work Experience: 2 years in a position that required fast, detailed and accurate computer work, basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Education: Associates degree or higher.
Industry Knowledge: Basic knowledge of front-end web technologies or ePublishing standards.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with and understanding of Bible study products
- Working knowledge of layout programs such as InDesign, Pagemaker
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, etc.) is not required, but is a plus
How to Apply:
To apply for our Digital Content Formatter position, Click Here! We look forward to hearing from you!
More About Beautiful Spokane
The Spokane River is 9 miles from the Olive Tree office
Mount Spokane is 26 miles from the Olive Tree office