Careers at Olive Tree
Olive Tree is an amazing place to work. If your passion is to help people study the Bible, that is what we do here every day! We are currently looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our team of developers in creating and maintaining the best Bible study apps on Android. If you are interested in this great opportunity to come work with us, check out the position listed below, follow the link, and apply!
Senior Android Developer
Why Spokane is Awesome!
Senior Android Developer
The Senior App Developer will be primarily responsible for the development and execution of applications using the Android platform.
- Write software using Java targeting the Android platform.
- Actively participate in code reviews with openness to constructive feedback as well as to provide feedback to others.
- Work with QA and use the error-tracking database to bugfix issues both pre- and post-release.
- Quickly locate the source and correct bugs reported by users post-release.
- Stay current with technical developments in the Android eco-system, responding to challenges as they come.
Work Experience: 2-5 years’ experience developing for the Android Platform, including shipping at least one app for that platform. 3-5 years experience with object-oriented programming, using appropriate design patterns, while contributing to great architectural designs. Significant contributions both in code and architecture to a successful existing software product.
BSCS preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of Bible software preferred.
- Ability to provide expertise in assigned area and as part of a multi-person development team.
- Advanced knowledge of Java, and the latest Android APIs.
- Ability to plan and architect software systems, using appropriate object oriented practices and design principles.
- Disciplined unit test writing.
- Familiarity with biblical material and biblical languages (Greek and Hebrew) and experience with string processing, text processing, regular expressions, and experience with either Ruby, Python or Perl preferred.
- Mature development practices as evidenced by a track record of writing maintainable, unit-tested code that is readable and self-documented.
- Passion for the Android platform and the success of those products in the marketplace.
- Passionate about the ability of Bible study software to change people's lives.
- Enthusiastic and innovative.
- Self-directed and able to work independently, taking into consideration business needs and requirements when making decisions about coding.
- Ability to prioritize among competing demands.
- Ability to estimate product completion times.
- Creative in problem solving.
- Team player who enjoys the interaction of a dedicated group of engineers.
- Knows when to take initiative and when to ask for advice from peers and/or supervisors.
- Enjoys continually investing in their craft in order to stay current with technology trends.
How to Apply:
To apply for our Senior Android Developer position, Click Here! We look forward to hearing from you!
More About Beautiful Spokane
The Spokane River is 9 miles from the Olive Tree office
Mount Spokane is 26 miles from the Olive Tree office